The three-storey house was originally built in the 1930's by the owner's great-grandfather. The architectural intervention was a result of the house's presented condition combined with its architectural quality. Therefore, the first two floors were restored due to its good state of preservation resulting in the keeping of the house’s identity; while the basement was renewed, currently assuming a contemporary aesthetics and solving a sequence of interconnected spaces in different levels.
The basement which was in a poor state of preservation, with poor light conditions that did not allow a comfortable living, was fully renewed through a concrete extension that solved new programmatic demands: garage; laundry; and sewing room. The house establishes a dialogue between the pre-existing and the contemporary: the old rests on the new concrete.