The Brummel House
In 2015, the City of Pilsen restored several interiors by Adolf Loos. The design of repairs and restoration was created by the team of architects led by professor architect Václav Girsa.
The house and equipment reconstruction of the interior was designed by Adolf Loos for Jan and Jana Brummel in 58 Husova Street, the realization was finished in 1929. The house survived not only the massive bombing of the Skoda plants at the end of the Second World War but also the attempts of various state offices for its demolition in the 80´s of the 20th century. After the war the house was returned to the family members of the original owners. A private owner, a relative of the constructors, is renovating the house in a sensitive way and plans its opening for public within the guided tour of the Loos Interiors at the beginning of the tourist season in 2015.
Text from City of Pilsen