The renovation concerns an apartment located in the former Physics laboratory of the University of Amsterdam, originally founded in 1880. The complex was designed in classicist style akin to a neo-Renaissance inspired by Italian examples. The rear façade on the water of the Plantage Muidergracht has a wide central extension, in which the large lecture hall was located. in 2001, the entire complex was designated a national monument. The assignment includes a complete internal renovation and reclassification of the floor plan into a new apartment. Almost the entire basement was also involved in the housing program.