Chapel of the Dead

The parish church of St. Martin (1802-1807), together with the adjoining cemetery and the newly planned funerary chapel, form a structural and functional unit, which is clearly visible from afar on a moraine terrace above the village of Buochs. The new mortuary chapel replaces a predecessor building built in 1959, which was no longer able to meet the future space requirements of the Catholic parish. The new building was precisely inscribed into the existing situation and positioned on the outer western edge of the terrace. The mortuary chapel is thus clearly visible from the village and is read as part of the entire ecclesiastical complex.