The 360° View Tower represents the end and the beginning of the Brossette block. Seen from the Loire River, its volume heralds all the elements that will be developed thereaft er across the site. Conversely, when viewed from the south, this architecture will complete a succession of spaces and connections that will give the Brossette city block its character. The net volume imagined in the beginning very quickly had to be enlarged and adjusted. This involved a design that took into account the trees, the perspective from the main axis of the site, the dialog with the system of variable heights of the other buildings and its role as a signal.
It contains 79 apartments as well as commercial space on the ground floor. It is located on the northern end of the lot at the corner of the Boulevard G. Doumergue and the Rue F. Albert. Located on the axis of the Brossette courtyards, the building is the northern edge of the Place Brossette. It stands parallel to the Boulevard G.
Doumergue with a setback from the public space ranging from 7 meters to 3 meters (at the intersection of G.Doumergue and F. Albert). On the Rue F. Albert, the building has a setback of 11meters to 4 meters from the streets (at the intersection of G. Doumergue and F.Albert). The volume is placed in alignment with the Brossett e public space.
A commercial space is located at the corner of Boulevard G. Doumergue and Rue F. Albert. This space has a usable surface area of 235 m2, and will take advantage of its privileged position between the quays of the Loire and the Place Brossett e to
enliven the base of the tower and the adjacent public spaces.
The upper floors (G+1 to G+18) contain apartments ranging in size from 1 to 4 bedrooms. The largest apartments take up the upper fl oors with duplex apartments occupying the top floors (G+17-G+18). The building’s structure (stress-bearing façade + column and beam) allows for great flexibility in floorplans, the distribution of typologies being adaptable according to the requirements of future buyers. The floor space dedicated to the housing part of the program amounts to 4,821 m2 of usable floor space.
The building is the highest of all those comprising the Brossette cityblock, culminating at 55 meters with 18 stories above the ground floor. The building takes full advantage of its height, opening broadly onto its context and especially onto the Loire River and the city’s historic center.
This building serves as a signal for the development. Its form is composed of three strata: the base (Ground-G+6), the intermediate layer (G+7-G+8), the emergent part (G+9-G+18). The intermediate level and the emergent part are set back, off ering spacious private terraces overlooking this privileged context.
The volume narrows as it rises, echoing the polar trees beside it. Each shift in volume corresponds to the height of neighboring buildings, harmonizing its relationship among these variations.
Benefi ting from its exceptional location on banks of the Loire, 84% of the apartments offer views overlooking the river, the remaining part (16%) being oriented in a southerly direction overlooking the Place Brossette.