Build a new fluvial beach for the city of Santiago and our visitors.
Take advantage of the magnificent installation of the grandstand and auditorium facilities, reuse the buildings and bring out a hidden space for the neighbors.
These are the questions and these are the answers:
- All the current costumes near the access are conditioned for the use of the river beach.
- Access occurs through the current ticket office.
- The existing bar becomes part of the installation.
- The river beach extends throughout the space of the grandstand. The auditorium, facing south, sunny all day, becomes a space for games and meetings. All the surroundings become living spaces on the lawn. Logical and minimal interventions. This space, closed and hidden until now, becomes "the beach" of Santiago de Compostela.
- The pools are inside the water. Bathe inside the lagoon. Over the waters concrete and stone platforms build spaces to be, walk, sit and sunbathe.
- The pools do not work all year, but this new park should be enjoyed all year round. The pools become a bridge that allows you to enjoy the stands for sports activities. The construction must withstand the passage of time. Its lack of use in winter is very intense in summer. Concrete and stone as a support for the passage of time.
- Architecture pregnant, exposed and stretched. Architecture to be and to walk. Architecture to rest on the waters of a lagoon.