The Chapel, which is part of Castel Aichberg, was build by Johann von Zastrov in 1875. The fresco painting is the work of Johann Hintner.
The tiny private chapel offers space for the altar, positioned in the middle axis, and three benches.
A massive block of marble stone below the circular window emphasizes the most important place in the chapel.
The physical heaviness of the altar is dissolved by the lightness of its shape - a cloth apparently agitated by a gentle breeze. The heavy white mass hovers in the richly decorated interior.
Its whiteness is sign of purity and value, its shape the expression of ephemerality.
Together with Franz Messner.