The wineshop ’Wijn aan de Kade' is located in a 1896 monumental premises along the Admiraliteitskade. In the past the building lost much of its historical character, making it obvious to make a grand gesture now. The four storey shop has been transformed into a long, modern and warmly finished space made up of oak panels with labels of famous and desirable wine labels. The lowly lit wine cellar has an intriguing atmosphere, the other floors are bright and generous. Daylight from above balances the perception of the entrance and the entresol in the back. The continuous space is flanked by two cabinet walls with niches, cupboards and amenities.