The core of architecture is carrying human behavior with space. It can be carried by physical space, as well as virtual space. Cyberspace is a kind of abstraction, yet reality space is a concretization.
The installation explores the interactive relationship between Reality and Virtuality, Abstraction and Concretization, Human and Space.
When people walk in the column array and connect any two of the tubes which have built-in metal electrodes, it will form an architectural basic space symbol: arch. Meanwhile, it triggers an electrical signal, which is interpreted by computer as a virtual scene related to the arch. There would be more virtual scenes alone with the people continuously connecting foams, and a series of scenes would constitute a story. As a result of the different sequence of scenes, the logic of each story is different. Ultimately, they would constitute a series of virtual parallel worlds, and form a new cosmic system.
The Underlying Connection Logic:
- People Connect The Foams (Material Particles)
- Foams Connect Circuits (Energy Particles)
- Circuit Triggers Virtual Space (Correspond To Reality Space)
- Virtual Space Carries Virtual Characters (Correspond To Reality People)
- Virtual People Dialogue In Virtual Space (Virtual Space In The Virtuality)
- Virtual Behavior Series Into Stories (Story In Stories)
- Stories Build Virtuality (Correspond To Real Word)
Characteristics Of The System
a. Duality (Connect Positive And Negative Electrodes To Trigger The World)
b. Disorder (As The God Of This World, Visitors’ Random Behaviors Lead To The Random And Disorderly world)
c. Parallelism (Countless Gods Trigger Countless Worlds Which Are Parallel)
d. Permeability (In The Continuously Changing World, Triggered Worlds And Real Worlds, Triggered Worlds And The Virtual Worlds Which Are In The Triggered Worlds Interpenetrate Together)