Located on a former market hall in the southeast of Berlin this edifice was recently used as an office for the Waterways management.
With a few changes the building was converted in studio and residence of a photographer.
The concept of this project is supported by the new construction techniques and the materials used in its renewal.
The existing building is from circa 1912 but ist original roof was demolished in 1973 and replaced by a standardized agricultural truss. On the other hand, on the ground floor there is a typical Prussian cap ceiling, very common in the early 20th century factories in Berlin.
This renewal consisted in the demolition of the lightweight partition walls and the ceilings were uncovered so we could kept the maximum of the building‘s identity and have two openspace rooms, the factory and the barn. A space to work and a space to live.