The space was set up at Fenestration China 2015 fair in Shanghai on November 2015. This project is related with the overall design strategy commissioned to DRAFTARCH aimed to renew the image of the sino-italian company WIND, windows and doors manufacturer.
The design brief was set from the beginning with these main targets:
- Represent at the best the double expertise of the company, Italian and Chinese
- Use windows manufacturing materials as much as possible
- Enhance the product features and explain them through the design of the space
- Introduce along the exhibition path an example production line
The design strategy generates from these needs and proposes four themes that feature the space:
- STORIA that represents the growth of the company from its foundation until today
- MATERIA that shows raw and finished materials that are used in the manufacturing process
- TECNICA where people can experience the technology applied in the products
- PROGETTO that exhibits the final product in different applications
The spatial organization of the exhibition area has been defined starting from these themes and aiming to create a series of spaces related and interconnected, visually and physically.
From a spatial point of view the booth is defined by 2 horizontal surfaces, the ceiling and the floor, within which are placed the display and meeting room volumes.
The space is organized starting from the reception area, from where the production line is visible on the back. As soon as people enter they can understand the history of the company - storia - and experience the products - progetto and materia - . The meeting rooms’ volume divides the exhibition area from the production line show - tecnica. At the end of the booth the space opens up again where materials, products and production line are all exhibited interconnected.
From a sustainability point of view, both economic and environmental, we decided to work with reused bronze and wood coming from the left-overs of the production line. The structure is then made of metal profiles for two main reasons: on one hand to optimize the process of prefabrication and installation and, on the other hand, to re-use the same structure for future exhibitions.