Royal Palace of Carditello
This 18th-century palace located on the Royal Estate of Carditello (also known as the Reggia di Carditello) is a small palace once belonging to the Neapolitan Bourbon Monarchy and it surrounding grounds in San Tammaro, a small village in the province of Caserta in the region Campania. While the estate functioned as an agricultural and pastoral production center, and included large amounts of royal territory, the palace delighted members of the court as a hunting lodge. The palace was designed by Francesco Collecini (1723-1804), pupil of Vanvitelli. The forecourt had a large horse racing track. Many years of disuse and the last world war led top much degradation, specially of its frescoed interior. in January 2014, the palace was acquired by the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage.